Things To Do
In Fish Creek
Experience Door County’s best shopping, dining, arts and outdoor activities right here in Fish Creek, the heart of Wisconsin’s Northern Door Peninsula. Miles of picturesque shoreline and scenic trails surround a walkable, timeless downtown. Unique shopping and breathtaking surroundings form the makings of Door County’s best shopping and dining experience. Fish Creek offers nearly everything a traveler could want: silent sports adventure, great shopping, scenic boat tours, beach relaxation, world-class entertainment, fine dining and casual eats.
Shop 'Til You Drop | With the county's most walkable shopping center, Fish Creek is the best place to shop and offers a variety of locally owned stores. From galleries to gift shops to clothing stores, we know you won't be disappointed!
Explore Peninsula State Park | With eight miles of Green Bay shoreline, Peninsula State Park is the third largest state park in Wisconsin. Join the estimated 1 million people who visit annually! You can drive through, rent bikes or even do a Segway tour! The Fish Creek entrance is less than a mile from Main Street Motel.
Experience Door County From the Waters of Green Bay | Take a short walk to Fish Creek Marina to enjoy the view. While you're there, go on a Fish Creek Scenic Boat Tour! They will take you out on the water where you can enjoy all the breathtaking views. If you go on their sunset cruise you can enjoy not only a beautiful Door County sunset, but also live music!
Take in a Spectacular Door County Sunset | A short walk down the street from Main Street Motel, Sunset Park offers beautiful colors to end each day!
Other Things To Do In Door County
1) Explore Door County Wineries & Breweries - If you want to enjoy a nice glass of wine or some Door County beer you can go explore the wonderful wineries and Breweries of Door County. Some of our favorites include:
2) Take a tour - There are plenty of ways to see Door County by land or sea!
- Trolley Tours - Hop on a Trolley and choose from one of their 16 uniquely themed tours.
- Segway The Door Tours - Hop on a Segway and tour the peninsula while having some fun! They have several locations to chose from. Their most popular tour though, is their Peninsula State Park Segway Tour, right her in Fish Creek
- Door County Kayak Tours - They offer both E-bike or Kayak Tours to get out an explore
- Boat & Sailboat Tours - You can go on a sailing excursion with Sail Door County or go one of the Fish Creek Scenic Boat Tours! Our favorite is their sunset cruise with live music!
3) Enjoy a night of theater - Experience Door County Theater at one of these amazing venues.
4) Explore our Parks - Door County is the only county in Wisconsin with five state parks. Go and explore one of these parks and all its natural beauty.
- Peninsula State Park
- Whitefish Dunes State Park
- Newport State Park
- Potawatomi State Park
- Rock Island State Park
5) Head to the beach - If you're looking for a relaxing or fun day in the sun, you can head to one of these beaches. The beaches of Door County are numerous and diverse. Some of these beaches also offer paddleboard/kayak rentals and nearby playgrounds.
- Nicolet Beach (located in Peninsula State Park)
- Fish Creek Beach
- Waterfront Park, Sister Bay
- Egg Harbor Beach
- Whitefish Dunes State Park
- Schoolhouse Beach, Washington Island
6) Spend a day on Washington Island - You can drive up to the tip of the peninsula and take a five-mile ferry ride across the once treacherous waters of Death's Door to Washington Island. You can take one of the tours available once you are there, or just simply go and explore yourself. You can also rent a boat, moped, or UTV to tour the island. On Washington Island you'll find the unique Schoolhouse Beach. It is a smooth limestone beach, and it is one of only five beaches like it worldwide! Those in for a climb should head to the Mountain Park Tower for a stunning 360-degree view of the island and surrounding waters. You can also take the Karfi Ferry to Rock Island. Once there, you can visit a beautiful sand beach, hit up some hiking trails, or see the oldest lighthouse in Wisconsin, Thordarson Boathouse.
7) Enjoy some of Wisconsin's best Golf Courses - The county’s courses offer something for all abilities, and all courses are within a short drive of each other, making Door County the perfect place for a golf-filled weekend.
8) Go listen to live music - There's nothing better than enjoying the warm summer weather while listening to live outdoor music with Door County's Concert in the Park series. Here are some of the closest locations to Main Street Motel:
- Noble Square in Fish Creek
- Harborside Park in Ephraim
- Waterfront Park in Sister Bay
- Harbor View Park in Egg Harbor